Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Trevi Fountain

Before my trip I had always assumed the Trevi Fountain was in a big plaza off an equally big street in Rome...I guess its size in photos always made me jump to that conclusion. 

But in reality you walk down this small street:

And then all of a sudden you see this:
There is no huge street or large plaza; the fountain pretty much is the plaza. 

Although it's beautiful anytime of day, we were lucky enough to see the fountain's water and white marble lit into peachy, blue and turquoise colors by the golden hour sun.
Details from the fountain:
We loved it so much we headed back to see it lit up at night. It was really beautiful, but hard for my point and shoot camera to handle haha. Here we are:
Left: Me & my sister; Right: My mom and my sister



1 comment: