Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oporto, Portugal

Beautifully located on a river that opens up into the ocean, my January 2011 trip to Oporto was a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively!):
The city is responsible for the name of the port wine so prominent in this region of Portgual. You won't lack in free or inexpensive wine tours and tastings in Oporto, although, admittedly, port wine was not easy for me to get down (much to the dismay of the tour guide). Much lighter and fresher was the green wine also famous in this region; it tastes almost like a sparkling white wine, and it's delicious! I've yet to find it in the US, but if you see it, buy it! You can thank me later.

3 comments:

  1. I just had green wine and it was yummy! I bought it at the store right on the corner of my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your last 2 posts. I always loved pictures of doors and you captured some really interesting ones. I also liked the wine narrative!

    ReplyDelete